• Notes for WABF01 (Dad Behavior)

From Matt Garvey@1:2320/100 to alt.tv.simpsons on Sun Nov 20 17:51:47 2016
    From Newsgroup: alt.tv.simpsons

What on earth was that? For a brief moment I saw a shade of an interesting episode (the fathering swap/jealousy thing that we saw in another form long ago
    in 9F12), but it was buried behind so much that was ludicrous. The playfully morbid opening was interesting in theory but now I can't help but see it as a harbinger of things to come for the rest of it. I don't know what that choremonkey app is based on but it sounds silly. This pregnant old lady is a medical miracle at best. All the gags are pretty odd. Also, of course, super short, and maybe even shorter next time.
    DYN:
    ...the fractured opening sequence is 1:18, the same as the "classic" full opening since season 2?
    ...Matt's chore sheet for Bart says "DONT LET HIM SEE THIS SHEET" (with no apostrophe)?
    Previous episode stuff
    7F05: Homer should totally know there are people inside mascots
    3F05: Lisa's Utne Readers
    2F01: Itchy & Scratchy Land, somewhat
    Repeat alert
    After the "we gave up and just went for goofy" Executive Producers music, there
    is a 15-second tribute to Vin Scully (who's retiring from baseball announcing after doing it forever and has been referenced on the show with Harry Shearer's
    impression at least a few times), "We'll miss you Vin Scully" followed by a brief moment of that impression. Then the credits. Its placement seems to suggest it might not be back in repeats once it's no longer timely, but who knows?
    Also
    Sam Simon, who has been dead for a little while now, is still getting listed as
    Executive Producer, after he was dropped very briefly from the list in VABF01-07 and some of their repeats. I still don't know why the name went back on but I guess this answers the question of whether he'd still be listed on the
    new production season (WABF).

SEEN-BY: 2320/105 154/30 2320/100 0 1 227/0