• EleBBS?

From Robert Wolfe@1:116/18 to All on Sun Jun 11 10:30:00 2017
    Hi all!

I was wondering if EleBBS could also be discussed here as well?

--- EleBBS/OS2 v20120208.d
    * Origin: Neptune's/2 | Olive Branch MS | os2.winserver.org (1:116/18)
  • From mark lewis@1:3634/12.73 to Robert Wolfe on Sun Jun 11 11:57:38 2017

On 2017 Jun 11 10:30:00, you wrote to All:

I was wondering if EleBBS could also be discussed here as well?

i guess it probably could... there used to be ele echos but i don't know that i've seen anything on them in a long time... they weren't ever added to my feed
    by downlinks wanting them... i don't know that i have a problem with it and i could probably relax the topic a bit since the rules haven't changed since way back when i was first asked to be a moderator and join the RA beta team... yeah, sure, we can try it and see how it goes even with most of the discussion,
    such as it is, has been on the ele mailing list...

i've been wanting to try setting up an ele system for a while but just don't know about it with the changes and having to start with the old beta and then moving upwards to the more recent code... that's probably my biggest "ugh" with
    it...

)\/(ark
    a moderator, RA_SUPPORT

Always Mount a Scratch Monkey
    Do you manage your own servers? If you are not running an IDS/IPS yer doin' it wrong...
    ... Neoconservative angry gun-nuts in rehab with restraining orders.
    ---
    * Origin: (1:3634/12.73)
  • From Robert Wolfe@1:116/18 to mark lewis on Sun Jun 11 13:36:00 2017
    * In a message originally to Robert Wolfe, mark lewis said:
    i guess it probably could... there used to be ele echos but i don't know that i've seen anything on them in a long time... they weren't ever added to my feed by downlinks wanting them... i don't know that i have a problem with it and i could probably relax the topic a bit since the rules haven't changed since way back when i was first asked to be a moderator and join the RA beta team... yeah, sure, we can try it and see how it goes even
    with most of the discussion, such as it is, has been on the ele mailing list...

i've been wanting to try setting up an ele system for a while but just don't know about it with the changes and having to start with the old beta and then moving upwards to the more recent code... that's probably my biggest "ugh" with it...

Yeah, I wouldn't mind trying getting an external editor in place in
    the OS/2 version, but not sure if I would still have to run it using VMODME.EXE as the telnet server or if TELSRV.EXE would allow me to
    run one.

I like Ele, but there are issues with the telnet daemon that cause it
    to crash from time to time requiring me to restart it.

I like TG/2, but my virtual CPUs in the VM my BBS runs in tends to
    take a hit when the main TG/2 EXE is running, slowing down things and
    making logins seems a little sluggish.

--- EleBBS/OS2 v20120208.d
    * Origin: Neptune's/2 | Olive Branch MS | os2.winserver.org (1:116/18)