• Greetings Sysops

From kim.horn@kim.horn@crappiecracker.com (Kim Horn) to alt.bbs.allsysop on Sun Mar 10 08:22:52 2024
    From Newsgroup: alt.bbs.allsysop

Hello,

This goes out to all my fellow sysops setting up the news. Respond when ya see this post

Crappie Cracker
    --
    This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
    www.avg.com
    --- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
  • From Kyonshi@gmkeros@gmail.com to alt.bbs.allsysop on Fri Mar 29 23:39:25 2024

On 3/10/2024 1:22 PM, Kim Horn wrote:
    Hello,

This goes out to all my fellow sysops setting up the news. Respond when ya see this post

Crappie Cracker

I do.
  • From Marc Lewis@user@net396.fidonet.org to alt.bbs.allsysop on Wed Apr 3 23:05:51 2024

+ User FidoNet address: 1:396/45
    Hello All.

<On 09Mar2024 22:22 Kim Horn (1:396/4) wrote a message to All regarding Greetings Sysops >

This goes out to all my fellow sysops setting up the news. Respond
    when ya see this post

Mine is set up - - The bbs sends mail to a local FidoNet node that talks to my NewsGate program that does the actual communication with the newsgroup server (in my case GigaNews <news.giganews.com> (previously with news.eternal-september.com) Newsgate then sends a FidoNet style message packet back to the BBS where is is tossed into the various newsgroup echoes. In this case they don't have dots n the name, rather dashes to avoid complications with the message tosser system. You're welcome to log in and have a look. It will be a few days until the newsgroup echoes show up on the actual BBS; I'm still setting up that message "division" of echo.

Best regards,
    Marc

.. ALLEY'S AXIOM: Justice always prevails...three times out of seven.
    --
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    + The FidoNet News Gate (Huntsville, AL - USA) +
    + The views of this user are strictly his or her own. + +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

---
    This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus

• From Martin.Kazmaier@Martin.Kazmaier@f148.n2.z21.fsxnet (Martin Kazmaier) to Kim Horn on Thu Apr 4 10:47:00 2024

Hello,

Crappie Cracker

See ya! Getting this via the FSXNet gateway at 21:1/10.

*** THE READER V4.50 [freeware]
  • From NOSPAM.IB.Joe@NOSPAM.IB.Joe@darkrealms.ca (IB Joe) to Martin Kazmaier on Wed Apr 17 09:53:10 2024

On 04 Apr 2024, Martin Kazmaier said the following...

See ya! Getting this via the FSXNet gateway at 21:1/10.

Got it here...

IB Joe, Pronouns (FJB/LGB)
    AKA Joe Schweier
    SysOp of 4A 6F 65 73 42 42 53
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... What does it mean to pre-board? Do you get on before you get on?