• So Long

From ed@news@atwistedweb.com to comp.sys.mac.advocacy on Thu Feb 8 12:19:24 2024
    From Newsgroup: comp.sys.mac.advocacy

(and thanks for the fish?)
    So Google groups is shutting down new posts, which will pretty much finally kill this group once and for all (for the 3 regular participants, but maybe a few others still lurking out there). It's been an interesting multi decade(!) ride with you guys. Best of luck out there. ;)
    --- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
  • From -hh@recscuba_google@huntzinger.com to comp.sys.mac.advocacy on Thu Feb 8 13:38:55 2024

On Thursday, February 8, 2024 at 3:19:26 PM UTC-5, ed wrote:

So Google groups is shutting down new posts, which will pretty much finally kill this group
    once and for all (for the 3 regular participants, but maybe a few others still lurking out there).
    It's been an interesting multi decade(!) ride with you guys. Best of luck out there. ;)
    You too, ed.
    I've found the iOS Newswatcher app is free for two groups, which combined with Eternal September
    for hosting is a 'lousy UI but free' solution. For MacOS, there's Hogwasher, which IIRC they want
    $35 for. Still debating what other software might be worth trying or not...in any event, hh@ is a direct
    email to me if you're inclined to drop a private line...I'll provide pics of the soon-to-be new ride! <g>
    -hh
  • From Alan@nuh-uh@nope.com to comp.sys.mac.advocacy on Thu Feb 8 13:43:32 2024

On 2024-02-08 13:38, -hh wrote:

So Google groups is shutting down new posts, which will pretty much finally kill this group
    once and for all (for the 3 regular participants, but maybe a few others still lurking out there).
    It's been an interesting multi decade(!) ride with you guys. Best of luck out there. ;)

You too, ed.

I've found the iOS Newswatcher app is free for two groups, which combined with Eternal September
    for hosting is a 'lousy UI but free' solution. For MacOS, there's Hogwasher, which IIRC they want
    $35 for. Still debating what other software might be worth trying or not...in any event, hh@ is a direct
    email to me if you're inclined to drop a private line...I'll provide pics of the soon-to-be new ride! <g>

-hh

I've been using Thunderbird fairly successfully. There is some weirdness
    where it stops communicating with Eternal-September until I quit and
    re-launch it.
  • From Thomas E.@thomas.e.elam@gmail.com to comp.sys.mac.advocacy on Thu Feb 8 17:26:05 2024

So Google groups is shutting down new posts, which will pretty much finally kill this group once and for all (for the 3 regular participants, but maybe a few others still lurking out there). It's been an interesting multi decade(!) ride with you guys. Best of luck out there. ;)
    Second your sentiment, and will miss you too. I started posting in CSMA in the late 90's, over 3 decades ago. Don't know if I will go to paid solution or not. I'm getting very tired of Alan Baker's anger, lies and half truths. If you do want to keep up with what I'm up to in a part of my aviation life I have a semi-active YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcvZXi-36GQkeHr0FdB4cTg
  • From candycanearter07@no@thanks.net to comp.sys.mac.advocacy on Mon Feb 12 10:30:21 2024

On 2/8/24 15:43, Alan wrote:
    On 2024-02-08 13:38, -hh wrote:

So Google groups is shutting down new posts, which will pretty much
    finally kill this group
    once and for all (for the 3 regular participants, but maybe a few
    others still lurking out there).
    It's been an interesting multi decade(!) ride with you guys. Best of
    luck out there. ;)

You too, ed.

I've found the iOS Newswatcher app is free for two groups, which
    combined with Eternal September
    for hosting is a 'lousy UI but free' solution.   For MacOS, there's
    Hogwasher, which IIRC they want
    $35 for.  Still debating what other software might be worth trying or
    not...in any event, hh@ is a direct
    email to me if you're inclined to drop a private line...I'll provide
    pics of the soon-to-be new ride!  <g>

-hh

I've been using Thunderbird fairly successfully. There is some weirdness where it stops communicating with Eternal-September until I quit and re-launch it.

Yeah.. I think it happens if you leave it open too long?
    --
    user <candycane> is generated from /dev/urandom